Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cherry Brandi - Glamorous on Location


I had the great fortune to work with Cherry Brandi for a second time. We wanted to create a different feel and a new look for her with this photo session. After deciding to shoot outdoors, I scouted several locations and decided on three where we could shoot. The first is literally in my backyard. Or rather the backyard space at my studio.





My studio is located in Downtown Farmington, in a building which used to be a lumber supplier. There are so many great parts and corners of this building and property to use as backgrounds for portrait photography, I have a limitless supply of inspiration for new photographs.




Our second location is literally in the alley across the street. There is a blank cinder block wall (which is unheard of anymore) with an empty lot just waiting to be used. There are dozens of power lines draped over and around the space creating a spider web sweeping through the air. There are some times when I hate getting power lines in my shot, but for certain types of images, I think they actually help the image and add a cluttered realism.






Our final location was an old office building which used to be a paving company which has been boarded up and vandalized for years. When we first got there, the sun was just too bright to shoot on the side of the building I wanted to shoot on, so we walked to the shadow side. What we achieved were some amazing distance shots with this beautiful young woman illuminated in the foreground. As the time got later, we moved around the building where the sun was less harsh and finished our session on top of several concrete pillars that are scattered on the ground.








This session was a first for me. I carried two cameras, one had a wireless transmitter to trigger two small flash units. For my second camera I relied completely on natural light using a 50mm non-zooming lens. The images are all beautiful and highlight Brandi in different ways. I have shot sessions with one or the other, but because I brought both with me, I was able to get two different styles and apply different techniques during the same session.



Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.
I am always looking for new models to collaborate on new ideas.

For more about me and my photography click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave feedback but be respectful to my models