Sunday, October 14, 2012

From Maternity to Mommy with Chenisse


Beginning our sessions when she was nine weeks along, this lovely young woman had a photo session at different stages during her pregnancy. We arranged to use the same wardrobe, backgrounds, and lighting to document her complete pregnancy. Since the birth of her daughter at the end of August, she now has a priceless set of images documenting a time in her life that has changed her from a young woman into a mother.

Careful attention was made to maintain consistency throughout each photo session
I was less concerned with having her stand exactly the same way for each shot. Instead I had her pose in the same general position maintaining the same direction and approximate hand positions, while allowing her to relax.


The images used in the two sets above were photographed in sequence during different sessions through her progression. Having her turn to the side, and re-position her hands, allowed for a slightly different perspective, while maintaining a consistency through the series.

 







If we had not been able to arrange to meet so frequently during her pregnancy, we could still have scheduled a Before & After set. I have included a few examples of this  by using an image from one of our last maternity sessions and pairing it with our final session with the baby.










As with the progression series, I am not intent on keeping the exact pose during a Before & After set. I would rather photograph two completely different poses, and have them coordinate, to create a beautiful memory to be cherished.


I have gathered advice based on my experiences for planning a maternity photo series in my blog post here: When Is The Best Time To Take Maternity Photos?


If you would like to begin your journey toward documenting your pregnancy

Contact me below to arrange a consultation


Thank you for taking the time to view and appreciate my photography.

I am currently located in Aztec, New Mexico, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave feedback but be respectful to my models